PENDIDIKAN‎ > ‎Sistem Pendidikan‎ > ‎

Legalisir Ijazah Kelulusan

A FEW HINTS BEFORE GOING HOME                     

Soon you will finish your studies in Austria. With this letter the OeAD would like to put your attention to important points, which should be considered before travelling home.

 Ø  Certification of academic degrees

Depending on the practice in your home country, we recommend to take the following steps for the certification of your university degree certificate:

Step I:

Certification of the degree certificate (Diplomurkunde, Dissertationsurkunde) by the Federal Ministry of Science and Research (Bundesministerium für Wissenschaft und Forschung / BMWF), Teinfaltstraße 8, 3rd floor/room 315, Mr. Vachalek,

Office hours: Tuesday and Thursday from 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 a.m.; Tel.: 531 20-7854)

Step II:

Certification of the degree certificate by the Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs (Bundesministerium für europäische und internationale Angelegenheiten, BMEIA, 1010 Wien, Minoritenplatz 8 / Entrance Leopold Figl Gasse 5, ground floor, “Legalisierungsbüro”, Mr. Schwanda / Mr. Csencsits / Mrs. Hudson, Office hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. to 12.30 a.m., Thursday also

2.00 p.m. to 4.30 p.m., Tel: 53 115-4425 or -3841)

Step III:

Further certification (“Überbeglaubigung”) by the embassy of your home country in Austria.

Please note: Certification of documents incurs costs. Whether a certification in the manner described above is necessary for your home country or not can be enquired about at your embassy in Austria or at the appropriate ministry in your home country.


Ø  Translation of Documents and Certificates

 We recommend to have your degree certificate as well as the certificates of your first and second diploma examination or of your doctoral examination, translated into the language of your country. The Vienna Regional Office of the OeAD will inform you about translation institutes in Vienna.

Ø  Cancellation with the “Magistratisches Bezirksamt”

 A few days before your departure please cancel your registration (“Meldebestätigung”) in Austria at one of the “Meldeservice”-Offices.


 Ø  Health Insurance, Medicine

In case health insurance was not done by the Vienna Regional Office or through your home country, please do not forget to cancel your registration with the Head Office of the  „Wiener Gebietskrankenkasse“, 1100 Wien, Wienerbergstr.15-19 (personally or by letter! Important: present the cancellation of your “Meldebestätigung” through the “Meldeservice”-Office).

If you suffer from any chronical disease, please think about, how you can continue the treatment at home. Ask your physician in Austria for a so called "Arztbrief",

(= a medical report mentioning a list of medicine, which you have to take.)


Ø  Accommodation

In case you live in a private accommodation, the following steps should be done:

*)   cancel your letting contract in time

*)   cancel your contract with “Wien Energie” (gas, electricity) and have your telephone disconnected, in agreement with your landlord/landlady

*)   ask for refundment of your deposit


Ø  Bank Account

Please do not forget to close your Austrian bank account before your departure.


Ø  Scholarship report

Before getting your last scholarship rate you have to present a scholarship report about your studies/your research in Austria at the Vienna Regional Office (form and further information will be given there). This report is necessary for the termination of your file. At the same time your ideas and critical statements shall be used for the future supervision of scholars through OEAD and the Austrian Universities.

Ø  Adresses for further contacts

Make a note of all Austrian addresses, telephone numbers and E-mail addresses which might be important for you at home.


We wish you good luck and all the best for your future! 

The Team of the Vienna Regional Office of the OeAD